Continuing with our blog series about transitioning to Measure Square 2017, this post will deal specifically with activating and managing your licenses within the new version. One of the exciting improvements in the 2017 edition is the ability to manage your licenses more easily through the Cloud. Once you have set up your account and have contacted the sales team for a license, follow the steps below to activate and manage your license.
Activating Your License
- Once you have been granted access to a license, download the latest version of Measure Square 2017. Upon successfully downloading the program, open the program.
- Once you have opened the software successfully, go to File and select Measure Square ID & License.
- A window will pop up, and at the top of that window will be a button that says License Manage. Click that button, and a new window will appear.
- In the new window, there should be a list of available licenses with an Instance ID and License Name. Make sure these match the ID and Name in the Cloud (log in and click My Licenses in your account). After you have matched up the license you are trying to activate, click the Activate button next to the corresponding license.
Managing Your Licenses in the Cloud
After you have activated your license, you will be able to transfer from one device to another through your account in the Cloud. Follow the simple steps below:
- Log on to the Cloud using the Measure Square ID and password you created.
- Click on the dropdown menu next to your account name. Select My Licenses from the menu.
- Next to the license you wish to transfer to another device or remove access from is a button that says Revoke. Click that button and confirm when prompted. After this, the license should be available for use on another device.
For any further licensing issues, you can either call our office 1-626-683-9188 and press 1 for Sales and Licensing or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your questions.
For more information about the transition process read this detailed forum article that explains the major differences between the versions, as well as providing video tutorials that show you how to use the newest version. As well visit the Measure Square Cloud page to learn more about how it works with our software. If you have any questions about the transition process, please give us a call at 1-626-683-9188.
Note: Existing MeasureSquare users get a 2 month grace period to use the software alongside the previous version. After 2 months, the 2015 license will be shut off in our system. Also, the MeasureSquare 2017 account functions differently than previous versions of the software, which is why you must set up an account in the Cloud to get started using it.